Congratulations Grad Class of 2021. The staff at Princess Margaret wanted to provide you with a short video to commemorate your time here. Click either of the links below (they both go to the same video) to see Drone Footage of your class photo shoot. Next, you’ll see a grade 8 to grade 12 morph of your school photos for those whose photos we could find. Finally, see a montage of your baby photos set to music.
Special thanks to Prabh Jagdey (downloaded many photos), Layne Morris (drone), Mrs. Berrisford (grad photo), Mr. Wiebe (rooftop photo) and Mr. Fitton (drone footage, time lapse video, editing).
Enjoy the walk through memory lane! We are grateful to have had the honour of teaching you.
Best of luck in your future.
LINKS TO GRAD VIDEO:
GRAD CEREMONY PROTOCOL
- Please only come to the entrance of the school between 5 and 10 minutes before your appointed time.
- Please be on time as the ceremony will start right away.
- Students and guests should arrive together and at the same time.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the school except for at designated times as listed below.
- Once the students enter the school, they will be ushered directly to their starting point for the processional (masks will be removed for the processional).
- Once the guests enter the school, they will be ushered directly to their pre-assigned seats.
- There is a videographer filming the event, so guests will need to remain seated for the duration of the brief ceremony.
- There will be a photographer taking a photo as the grads cross the stage to receive their certificates and awards (masks will be removed for the crossing of the stage).
- There will be a second photographer who will take a photo of each grad with their guests immediately after all members of the grad group have crossed the stage (masks will be removed for the group photo).
- After the group photo, each grad and their guests will exit the school through the gym where the grad will return the gown and v-stole, and receive a gift from the Dry Grad Committee.
- There will be no opportunity to take other kinds of photos in the school. Students will have their gowns two weeks prior to the ceremony, so please take photos with family and friends during that two week period.
- We ask that once the grads and their guests have exited the school that they do not collect on school grounds with the other groups that are waiting to enter the school. We must ensure that there are only two groups on the school grounds at a time; the one entering the school and the one exiting the school.
SD 67 Grad Webpage
Grad Ceremony Write Up DUE THURSDAY, JUNE 4
Grad Ceremonies Update
The format for the Graduation Ceremony on Monday, June 28th and Tuesday, June 29th has been finalized as follows:
- 5 students will cross the stage one-at-a-time within a 30-minute time slot.
- The students will choose which of their fellow graduates they will be grouped with.
- ACTION ITEM: ONE PERSON PER GROUP MUST EMAIL THE NAMES OF THE GRADS IN THEIR GROUP TO MR. WIEBE BY JUNE 3RD.
- PLEASE HAVE 5 PEOPLE IN THE GROUP IF POSSIBLE. IT WILL MAKE FOR EASIER COORDINATION/ORGANIZATION.
- PLEASE ENSURE THAT EACH STUDENT IS ONLY IN ONE GROUP.
- The time slot that each group will be assigned to will be chosen at random.
- The first time slot each day will be 8:30am and the last time slot each day will be 3:30.
- Each student can bring up to four guests.
- The stage crossing will be filmed by a professional videographer.
- The final version of the video will contain:
- The grad processional
- O Canada and Okanagan Song
- Okanagan Blessing
- Musical performance
- Greetings from various dignitaries
- Principal’s Address
- Valedictorian Address
- Grads crossing the stage
- Tossing of the caps
- It will be available for viewing on YouTube in early July.
- A professional photographer will also be taking photos.
- One while the student is on stage receiving a diploma and any scholarships, bursaries, and/or school awards.
- One with their guest(s).
- The photographer will also create a “composite” of all the grads who crossed the stage so it looks like the grads were all in a big group being photographed.
- The photos will be available for pick-up in August (when the office is open). Unclaimed photos will be mailed home.
Further details and the time slot for each group will be sent to grads and parents/guardians the week of June 7th.
We are excited for this event and look forward to celebrating our graduates.
Princess Margaret Secondary
Click here for the May 17, 2021 - Letter from Superintendent regarding graduation ceremony
Public Health Restrictions
Download the Remind App to your phone to get grad and scholarship information!!
Please note that only "Cap & Gown" photos with Stuart Bish Photography will be used in the Grad Photo section of the Yearbook.
If you have questions, please contact Mr. Wiebe
Grad Photo Brochure